On Thursday, September 21st, 2006, El Paso saw the opening of Southwest Urgent Care Center. It is centrally located at 2030 N. Mesa, just one block from Mesa and University avenue. Southwest Urgent Care Center is locally owned and operated by Dr. Sergio Ibarra, a board certified physician in Emergency Medicine. Across the nation, Urgent Care Centers are being developed to combat rising healthcare cost, difficulty accessing healthcare providers and long emergency department waits due to ER crowding, National research emergency department do not require an emergency room visit. In addition, costs to an Urgent Care Center are over 50% less than a typical emergency room visit.
Some frequently asked questions regarding Urgent Care Centers.
What is an urgent care Center?
- An urgent Care center is medical attention that's ready when you need it...right away! Urgent care is professional a care for conditions that require quick medical attention, but don't pose an immediate, serious health threat. It is usually best to seek non-emergency care from an "Urgent Care Center" rather than a hospital emergency room. This will save you a significant amount of money and time. In essence, it is an alternative to going to a busy emergency department for non-emergency conditions.
What are the advantages of an Urgent Care Center?
- Low Cost- A fraction of the cost of an emergency room visit & lower co-pay than an ER visit.
- Convenience- Instead of waiting 5 or more hours in an ER, you will be seen withing 1 hour.
- Access- Walk-ins accepted during business hours, but appointments can be scheduled.
- All Ages- served from infants, pediatrics, adults and geriatrics.
Our single focus is to work with you to hire healthy employees and manage and reduce healthcare costs arising from any type of injuries.
2030 N. Mesa
El Paso TX 79821
Copyright 2014. Southwest Urgent Care. All Rights Reserved
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 8:30 pm
- Saturday - Sunday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
2030 N. Mesa
El Paso, TX 79821